Monday, August 4, 2014

Things I REALLY, REALLY LOVE...

1.      Climbing over a baby gate in the middle of the night only to get my foot stuck at the last second and having to imitate Keanu Reeves in the Matrix in the hopes of not landing flat on my arse.
2.     Having someone seriously ask me if I ever have a “normal day” only to be hit by the realization that no, no come to think of it I never have a normal day… and I may unknowingly be starring in the sequel to ‘The Truman Show’.  I always wanted to be in a movie.
3.     Realizing that Emily must really, REALLY love Chuck and me.   She loves us so much she wants to spend all day and ALL NIGHT hanging out with us…it’s like the Aerosmith song...she doesn’t want to close her eyes because she doesn’t want to miss a thing.  Isn’t that sweet?
4.     Waking up in the middle of the night to Sara standing next to my bed silently staring at me kind of like that creepy kid in Poltergeist….scares the sh*t out of me EVERY TIME!  
5.     Getting up to pee in the middle of the night, taking care of business and realizing there is NO TOILET PAPER!  AGAIN!!!  Why can’t anyone ever replace the roll?  I really love that…really I do.  I especially love it because we store our extra T.P. outside of the bathroom.
6.     My T-Rex arms and how they are just a bit too short to softly place Emmie in her crib…I love waking her up every single time I try to put her to bed.
7.     When I come home from work, make myself a quick dinner and just as I sit down to eat it one of my littles comes in and asks if they can have the same thing….9 times out of 10 it is the last of whatever I am eating so as their mom I have to give it to them only to have another sad dinner of Raisin Bran.  Gotta love Raisin Bran!
8.     Getting ready for work and as per usual, running late I notice that “blank” is missing.  Blank can be;  my brush, my shoes, my umbrella, my lip gloss, my hairspray, etc. etc.  No one ever knows where the item is but surprisingly a day or two later it will turn up in someone’s room behind the curtain, under the fish tank, in their bed…you get my point.  Love, love, love that!
9.     Coincidentally the day we have our driveway dug up to fix a broken water pipe, our water pressure goes and our toilet and washing machine break.  The water company informs us it was not caused by anything they did.  Hmm, all of our plumbing is just fine at 8 a.m.  they come and start working at 8:14 a.m. and by 9 a.m. nothing works anymore.  God I just LOVE coincidences!!!  You know what I love even more?  Expensive coincidences!  They are the BEST!!
10.     Lastly, you know what I really, really love? That my 10 month old has already chosen her career.  Today while at the beach she was practicing standing up by holding on to the pole of the beach umbrella.  Emily loves to dance anywhere, anytime.  Add the umbrella pole to her cool butt shaking moves and voila...WE HAVE A POLE DANCING STRIPPER IN OUR FUTURE!!!  Hey, that's one we won't have to help put through college!  I really, really love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment