Saturday, October 6, 2012

10,000 strong and growing

I know the old Flintstones ad was 10 million strong and growing but I am just so excited it might as well be 10 million!!!  I hit 10,000 page views today!!!!!  Thank you!!!  Thank you!!!  Thank you!!!  What started as a way to condense my Facebook posts has turned into a little hobby for me.  I have fun with the blog and I love looking to see where people have logged in from.  In 7 months I have not only hit 10,000 views but the blog has been viewed in 6 of the 7 continents...North America, South America, Africa, Asia, Europe and Australia...Antarctica I'm coming for you!!

Besides the US, Japan and Spain have the most views....Thank you Miho, Joaquin and Caty!!!  Those are the obvious ones.  There is one that I am really curious about.  I have had 131 views from Russia. In my mind I have 2 scenarios...it is an Ex-Patriot living in a suburb of Moscow that logs on over her morning coffee.  She too is a mostly stay at home suburban mom, like me, and she is a bit "culturally" homesick and finds comfort in the misadventures of my family.  The second scenario is that it is an old Russian women who reads with disgust over the "problems" that I have with my kids.  Either way I feel connected to my Russian reader and I worry about him/her when I see that they haven't viewed in a while.  If you are reading this from Russia send me an email and say hi!  I am so curious to see if the humor/experiences translate into other cultures.  I kind of think they might.  Latvia and Lithuania are coming on strong with a recent surge in page views.  I will compile a list of countries where it has been viewed.  It is cool to see that people from all over the world are reading my words!!!  If I ever win the lottery I am going to take a Tales of a Mini Van Mom world tour!!

Chuck was the one who told me this morning that I hit the 10,000 views milestone.  Over my coffee this morning I was explaining that I think it is because I am "every mom"...kind of like Whitney Houston singing she is every woman.  All moms face the same issues, struggles and joys with their kids.  I just dare to actually put it out there for all to see...the good, the bad and the ugly.  I think moms can relate to my posts.  As I was explaining my theory Chuck interupts me and says, "hey 'every mom' you have some glitter on your eye"...yup...I am every mom...even in my little personal victories I am just a mom, craft glitter and all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment