It is said that everyday is a new day. Technically that is true in that it is a new 24 hour block of time. However, there are several things that happen on a daily basis here at our house making it feel like that same day playing over and over again. Let me fill you in on a few of them...
1. Sara pokes herself in the eye everyday. Everyday I suggest that maybe Sara should get safety goggles. Everyday Sara screams at me for said suggestion.
2. Everyday I find myself staring into Anna's mouth with a mini flashlight trying to find a rogue piece of hair. How she gets hair in her mouth everyday is a mystery to me.
3. Chuck curses at me my under his breath everyday for my inability to properly load the dishwasher.
4. I curse at Chuck everyday for his inability to properly stack the kid's plastic plates.
5. Everyday I hear Anna start to cry and everyday Sara immediately calls me saying that Anna hurt herself and everyday Anna says that Sara did it.
6. Everyday I announce that I am on break and I am going to watch TMZ and no one is allowed to interrupt me. Everyday I am interrupted at about 7:06.
7. Everyday before bed Sara insists that she does not need to go to the bathroom. Everyday she protests and acts insulted when I suggest it. Everyday when I make her go try... she pees.
8. At the end of everyday Anna looks as if she walked through a garbage dump on a hot humid day. No matter if she has a tub or not she ends everyday filthy.
9. Everyday Sara reminds me of some promise she claims I have broken, everyday I get food spilled on me, everyday Anna hounds me for the cabinet magnet for hours on end, everyday I spend the majority of my time cooking and cleaning up after everyone else and everyday I have to sacrifice something (a show, my last special ice-cream, sleep...) for my kids.
10. Everyday I wake up knowing I get to do it all over again...and I wouldn't have it any other way...well, maybe except for the cooking and cleaning part.