So I am a huge fan of the Wendy Williams Show. How you doin? She is a friend in my head. Well, last week she had celebrity confessions and every guest had to confess a secret. In that vain here are some of my mommy confessions...
* I do not brush my kids teeth...the thought of it makes me gag. They do it themselves. I do flat out lie to the dentist and tell her that I am helping them.
* Sometimes it takes me a few minutes to remember the last time I washed my kids hair. They take baths all the time but we skip the hair washing...a lot.
* If they leave the room and one of their shows are on I fast forward it a little. I hate kids shows.
* Before Anna could talk I used to blame things on her...like if Sara found one of her crappy McDonald toys or pictures in the trash I would tell her Anna must have put it in there.
* I pulled all the shades down on a snow day so they wouldn't notice. When they did finally see the snow and asked to go outside I told them the people on the news said it was against the law to go out and play that day, that everyone had to stay inside. That was a lie. I was too lazy to get them dressed in their snow clothes.
* This is a wife confession, not a mommy one. I think Chuck and I have a very open and honest communication style. However, that was not always the case. Shortly before we were married I deceived him. I was trying to get in shape for my wedding dress and I was working out at Curves after work. I had told Chuck to stay on top of me and make sure I was following through. One night after work I really did not feel like going. So instead of going home and owning up to my laziness I drove my car behind a liquor store and changed into my gym clothes. I took the long way home, blasted the heat and had my face right up to the vent. By the time I did get home I looked like I had a killer workout...sweaty, red face to prove it. Chuck was none the wiser. Several months after we got married I did come clean.
* In an effort of full disclosure the Curves incident may have happened on more than one occasion.